Unscheduled part time, 8-19 hours per week, including weekends and holidays.
Minimum Qualifications: Excellent interpersonal skills; outgoing and friendly demeanor; one to two years of customer service experience. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Cover letters and resumes should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate play during regular admission hours
- Organize and lead birthday parties
- Lead STEM-based classes and events
- Host design challenges, competitions, rules-based games, school field trips
- Answer and return phone calls and emails
- Handle payment for client purchases
- Tidy space periodically, clean magnetic tiles/other materials with soap and water
- Perform additional tasks as needed
Additional Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Work with CEO to develop a marketing campaign for target audiences
- Build and maintain media lists
- Draft and edit copy for press releases, press kits, and newsletters
- Identify potential community partnerships with local businesses
- Promote the Genius Gems brand on social media
- Work with CEO to enhance Search Optimization (SEO) into website
- Design and post content on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Snapchat
- Create graphics and design layout for print ads, flyers, email newsletters, the Genius Gems website, blog and social media accounts
- Write and edit blog posts·
- Excellent communication skills
- Social media savvy
- Extremely organized
- Professional demeanor
- Drive to succeed
- Attention to detail
- Resourcefulness & eagerness to learn
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Job type: Part-time, on-site in Essex County, NJ (beginning in 2018)
- Reports to: Chief Executive Officer or Chief Marketing Officer
- Compensation: Yes, competitive and commensurate with experience.